1.15.2012

Save save save

01/15/12

Today Marlan had a talk with me about money and how much I'm spending. I'v had my job since October and what money do I really have to show for it. I have new shoes, clothes and accessories. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not in debt or anything but I could have way more money than I already have if I would cut out all this unnecessary shopping I do. I have plenty clothes and way more than enough shoes and the worse part is I barely leave the house to even wear any of them. I'v got so much stuff in my wardrobe with the tags still on them but yet I buy more things.
Its like when I see items on sale, I want to buy them if their nice but I dont need them so I need to stop doing that to myself.
Growing up not having a lot of stuff and mainly everything I wore was second hand and now being able to buy my own things, its like I'm trying to make up for all the things I never had. I don't need to do that though because its only materialistic stuff that could easily be taken away from me. With that being said, I promised I wouldn't shop nomore, no matter how good the sale is or how pretty an item is. I don't need all that stuff, especially if I'v got a wardrobe full of new things and older things I can put together.
Its not a bad things wanting to dress nice and feel good wearing certain things, but first make sure your money is right. Clothes and shoes will be around for a long time, newer things come out and better things come out than what you just spent your money on.
From now on all I'm doing is saving, saving and doing more saving. Only buying the items I need, rather than the items I think I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...