4.08.2013

Weekend Recap: A little creative

I made some chalk boards for Malan with an old bookshelf. It was pretty easy and she really likes it. I grabbed some inexpensive rust-oleum chalk board spray paint and also primer from walmart. I sprayed each board with one coat of the primer, then I sprayed the chalk board spray paint. It took around 10 minutes (if that) to dry, I wiped them of with a damp rag then gave Malan some chalk and let her play
The before, after, and the bow I made
I did my first "refashion" project with a dress I purchased from Goodwill, it turned out better than I expected for my first time. I hit a few bumps and made it harder than it actually was but in the end I loved the outcome. I will have to take a picture wearing it so you can see how it fits. Before it was really big, I took in both sides and also took in the sleeves so they would be fitted versus hanging of. I also added a cute little bow and threaded out the edges to make it look a little different

I edited Marlans brothers shirt by taking off the sleeves and threading out the material on each side and also the bottom of the collar. It looked nice once he had it on.

Me and Malan made some rice crispy white chocolate covered "cakes". We didn't make that many this time, it was just something nice to do to pass time


Malan and baby Marlan, I love the relationship they have already

I also got back in the gym this weekend which was nice after not going for a while due to mother nature not being so much on my side. I can't forget that I also ordered some shoes offline and let me tell you I was pleasantly surprised how fast they got there and also how cute they were.
All and all I had a nice weekend... Every weekend is nice when I'm spending it with the ones I love though :)

Please excuse the "not so good" pictures. I quickly took them on my tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...